CE Marking of Construction Products
The Construction Product Regulation No. 305/2011/EC requires construction products to be CE marked based on requirements of relevant technical specifications (harmonized EN standards or European Technical Assessments (based on European Assessment document). In relationship to the Assessment and Verification of Constancy of Performance (AVCP), the manufacturer will have to work with a Notified Certification Body and/or a Notified Laboratory.
The tasks of the AVCP systems defined in the Delegated Regulation No. 568/2014 are as follow:
Efectis (Notified Body: 1812) is Notified Certification Body (NCB), Notified Laboratory 1234 (also notified for fire testing under horizontal notifications) for the application of the Construction Product Regulation No. 305/2011/EC for products with fire performance ratings (fire resistance and reaction to fire): smoke exhaust systems, building glass, fire protective products, fire dampers, insulation products, etc.
Efectis, with three strong competencies: testing, inspection and certification, provides the certification services based on evaluations (testing and inspections) performed by Efectis entities/teams or on the request of manufacturers (and subject to approval) based on testing performed by other notified and/or accredited laboratories.
Efectis has been previously notified for the CE marking of construction products under the CPD (Construction Product Directive) and has been notified with extension of the notification field for the CPR (Construction Product Regulation).
The Certification section of Efectis has been issuing CE marking certificates of construction products for manufacturers in the European Union and abroad for 5 years. The Certification team is also largely involved in the work of the European Group of Notified Bodies:
- Horizontal sector group for Fire (SH02 : Efectis Chair of the group)
- Sector group 07 (SG07 fixed firefighting systems: Efectis leader of the WG smoke exhaust systems)
- Sector group 09: Building glass and other sector groups in relationship with Efectis Notifications
Looking for a certificate ? Go to our data base.
Efectis voluntary certifications are offered in collaboration with professional organizations and the different firms in the construction sector. These certifications are proposed to companies wishing to promote their products and competencies:
- Product certification for additional fire performance not covered by the CE marking,
- Service certification for companies wishing to promote their professional competencies: installer of fire protective products etc.
Certification for UAE and Qatar
Efectis is recognized by the UAE and Qatar for product certification of construction products with fire performance ratings. This product certification is reserved for manufacturers willing to promote their products in these areas.
Your contacts for Certification:
Yannick Le Tallec – email@example.com – tel + 33 1 60 13 83 87
Audits & inspection
Efectis acts as an inspection body under the third-party evaluations required to obtain and maintain a CE marking, a NF label, or professional qualifications.
Specialized in fire safety, and more generally on the construction products covered by the Construction Products Regulation 305/2011, our inspectors act on the request of our Certification service, but also for other notified bodies and certifiers including AFNOR Certification, CTICM, TÜV Rheinland, Technical Research Institute of Sweden (SP), Institut Für Industrieaerodynamik (IFI), or QUALIBAT.
Efectis can step in to assess:
- Fire safety products (such as fire resistant doors, SHEV, fire dampers, smoke dampers, smoke curtains, smoke and heat exhaust fans, relay boxes, fire protection products, fire metalwork, DAC-DCM).
- Steel construction products made of steel and aluminum (such as public lighting, structural elements and building kits, prefabricated building units, structural hollow sections candelabra)
- Construction glass (such as laminated glass, insulating glass, tempered glass, ceramics), regardless of the declared performance.
With its fifteen years of experience in the conformity assessment of quality management systems and of production control systems, according to national and international standards, Efectis can also help you with the development and the maintenance of your Quality Management System.
Our team is also at the disposal of notified bodies, laboratories, associations of manufacturers, installers or users to assist them in carrying out inspection on the manufacturing, distribution, market surveillance, and control processes of their contractor and supplier.
The Inspections service consists of a multilingual, multi-skilled staff and is accredited according to the NF EN ISO CEI 17020 standard.
For more information, the database of the European Commission lists all the products which can be certified by the Certification section of Efectis: NANDO