In addition to its historical laboratory in the Maizières-lès-Metz site (near Metz, Moselle), Efectis opened in 2013 a second fire laboratory in Les Avenières (near Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes) with the objective of developing its fire resistance activity, but also to start new activities such as the reaction to fire of cables, jet fire tests for the oil industry, and fire propagation tests for external walls.
In 2016, the development of the site at Les Avenières continued with the launch of the reaction to fire activity for building products, and its enlarged offcial agreement from the Ministry of Interior allowing Efectis to become the second French laboratory having official agreement for both resistance and reaction to fire.
In 2017, Efectis invested again more than 1.5 million Euros for a continuous growth at the site at Les Avenières with the expansion of the testing hall and the launch of the second fire resistance furnace.This furnace has been designed to better satisfy our customers’ requests, thus making it possible to:
- perform all the European fire resistance tests, as well as some of international methods (BS, UL, ISO, etc.)
- guarantee a high level of confidentiality for customers throughout the testing phase (from the receipt of the testing specimens to the assembly and the performance of the test)
- get great freedom for the planning of the tests thanks to the modularity of the equipment
- have new testing equipment designed, which will be more reliable and in conformity with the standards
- connect a calorimetric hood to the second furnace for the normative performance of tests (ISO 9705 for example) or ad-hoc (e.g. external wall test on a reduced scale, test for engineering studies)
The team at Les Avenières has been reinforced both for testing supports and for project leaders, for a better satisfaction of our customers.
New large investments are planned in 2018 at the Maizières-lès-Metz laboratory; we will keep you informed.
For more information: Régis Koryluk – firstname.lastname@example.org