With 60 years of experience in the field of fire safety, Efectis provides various training sessions with themes ranging from: fire regulations applicable to public buildings, high buildings, warehouses, nuclear installations; testing standards in force for qualifying products and CE marking standards; or the qualification requirements for companies (metalworking, maintenance and repair of fire resistant doors, etc.).
Classes organized by Efectis are mostly custom courses. The knowledge your organization needs will be incorporated by Efectis into training programs that your employees can directly use in their work.
Our whole scope of trainings is now available on our website dedicated to training : www.efectis-academy.com.
Installation and maintenance of fire protection products and systems
In case of fire, fire resistant doors play a vital role to contain the fire within the defined limits.
To perform this function for the lifetime of a building, a door must be manufactured and assembled in accordance to specifications, but also be maintained and repaired according to specific rules.
This course trains the participants in these maintenance tasks and repairs.
Objectives / Hands-on training
- Maintain, install and repair a fire-resistant door
- Understand the segmentation
- Conduct periodic inspections of fire resistant doors
- Know the different variances
- What preventive and corrective measures can be adopted
This training takes place over two days, and is divided into two parts, a theoretical part which lays out the training objectives and a second hands-on part in which the inspection of a fire-resistant door is done as well as repairs based on door types.
Code and Standards
Efectis has extensive codes and standards consulting experience that includes, but is not limited to:
Building/Fire Codes and standards
- International Code Council (ICC)
- International Building Code
- International Fire Code
- International Existing Building Code
- NFPA 5000 Building Construction and Safety Code
Fire Codes and Standards
- NFPA 1 Fire Code
- NFPA 3 Recommended Practice for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
- NFPA 4 Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing
- NFPA 13 Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA 30B Code for the Manufacture and Storage of Aerosol Products
- NFPA 45 Standard for Fire Protection of Laboratories Using Chemicals
- NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- NFPA 130 Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems
- NFPA 409 Standard on Aircraft Hangars
- NFPA 750 Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 2001 Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
Nuclear technical codes for fire protection (ETC-F/AFCEN)
ETC-F Code (AFCEN): fire protection conception and construction rules
The ETC-F Code published by AFCEN aims to define the fire protection principles of materials or equipment whose failure could affect the safety of people or of the nuclear plant.
- Understand the objectives of the ETC-F Code
- Understand the requirements for fire protection and how they should be met
- Understand the requirements for the safety of persons in case of fire
- Presentation of technical measures to be considered in the design to facilitate the evacuation
- Know what systems shall serve a safety function and how to protect them
- Presentations on the maintenance to be performed on these systems.
- Understand how fire resistant products are qualified
This training takes place over four days and involves project managers, engineers in charge of the design or the construction of a nuclear plant, and anyone involved in the fire safety or fire hazards analysis.